We recommend an annual cancer screening for all our patients, so we use the ViziLite system. When oral cancer is detected in its earliest stages, the 5 year servival rate is nearly 82%.
Here are a few things you should know about ViziLite:
- The test does not diagnose cancer. We are able to look for things that are out of the ordinary so we can recommend further observation
- The test is painless. The exam is visual.
- The test only takes about 5 minutes.
- Feedback is instant, there is no need to wait for results.
Another common question we get is “How Does ViziLite work?”
- First you will rinse with a special solution
- Next, we examine your mouth using a special light source to help us locate suspicious areas.
- Finally, if a suspicious lesion is detected we mark it with Tblue and document it for further evaluation.
Please call us today to schedule your screening. Five minutes could mean early detection and could truly save your life!